Recipe - Chocolate Hemp Granola
½ cup pecans
2 ½ cups rolled oats
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 cup hemp seeds
5 tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup hempseed oil
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tbsp water
½ cup dried goji berries
1 tsp peppermint extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roughly chop pecans and place into a large bowl with rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds.
- Add cocoa powder, hempseed oil, raw honey, water, goji berries and peppermint extract (if using) and mix well to combine.
- Lay mixture flat on a greaseproof, paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes, stir and return to the oven for an additional 8 minutes.
- Leave to cool and harden.
- Serve with yogurt or milk.
Pecans can also be substituted for hazelnuts or almonds or replace with more pumpkin seeds for a nut-free alternative. Granola can be stored in a glass jar or an airtight container for at least 2 months.