Ananda Food is proud to introduce our latest partnership with best-selling author and clean eating foodie, Luke Hines!
Just like us here at Ananda Food, Luke is passionate about the benefits of hemp to promote healthy living. This is why we’re so excited to bring you even more innovative and tasty hemp focused recipes, starting with the Bangin’ Beetroot and Hemp Burger.
Bangin' Beetroot and Hemp Burger
- 55 g (1/3 cup) Ananda hemp seeds, plus 3 tablespoons extra
- 175 g (2/3 cup) sunflower seeds, plus 3 tablespoons extra
- 2 beetroot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 heaped teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1/2 cup Ananda hemp flour
- 1/2 Ananda hemp protein powder
- 1–2 tablespoons filtered water, if needed extra-virgin olive oil, for greasing
- 4 x toasted GF buns
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 3 tablespoons Vegan Mayo
In a food processor, blitz the hemp and sunflower seeds to a coarse meal consistency. Add the beetroot, onion powder, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and parsley and pulse for a few seconds to just bring everything together (it should be a rustic blend, not a perfect puree – if you have a small food processor you might have to do this in batches).
Transfer the hemp mixture to a large bowl and add in the coconut cream, hemp flour, hemp protein powder and the extra hemp and sunflower seeds. Mix everything together with a spoon until evenly combined. The mixture will be really moist, if not, add a splash of water.
Heat a barbecue grill plate or chargrill pan to medium–low. Lightly grease with olive oil.
Divide the hemp mixture into four even-sized portions and shape into patties. Cook for 8–10 minutes on each side, or until nicely charred and cooked through. (Take care when turning the patties over – they hold together well, but you can’t be rough with them either.)
To serve, pile a handful of lettuce leaves onto your toasted buns. Load each with a quarter of the tomato, avocado and cucumber, then top with a patty and finish with a generous dollop of mayo. Get stuck in.